Monday, August 11, 2008

MISS TEEN USA 2008!

Ashley and Kate are on their way to the Bahamas for 5 days at the Atlantis Resort culminating in the crowning of MISS TEEN USA 2008. While the pageant is not televised, I'll be there beginning the 13th to blog, add whatever photos I can, and keep everyone updated on their (albeit quick) time there. Tomorrow I'll be posting a couple of photos of the girls in their evening gowns (YAY) that we had taken before they left. I don't know if there will be professional photos taken once they get there or not.

Many of you have expressed the desire to send cards/gifts to the girls while they're there. Due to customs regulations and the short time they're there, we're not recommending mailing anything. You can, however, leave them messages on this blog, pray for them, and possibly contact the Atlantis about sending faxes. If there is a charge to the girls per fax, I would suggest sending them after the pageant so they can still have the keepsakes.

My husband and I are leaving Tuesday night on the redeye and will get to the Bahamas around noon on Wed. To add more drama, I broke my left foot leaving Ashley's Send-off Party on Saturday night and am in a cast. This afternoon I go to the orthopedic surgeon and HOPEFULLY get a walking cast, because I'm convinced that crutches are evil instruments of torture and death. So while I won't be able to swim with the dolphins (sniff!), go snorkeling, or do any fun water stuff, I'll be scooting around the resort in my power scooter. I'm not kidding. I'll do anything to support my girls!

Ashley is wearing a custom gown from A Renee Designs, and Kate is wearing a custom Sherri Hill. Both young ladies have custom earrings from the Stefanie Sommers Collection. Watch for photos tomorrow!!!!

b

7 comments:

T Topps said...

Ashley and Kate are going to ROCK!!! I can't wait for all the updates. Britt, sorry to hear about your foot...that's no fun :-(
Keeping all 3 of you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Ashley!
I hope you have a wonderful time in the Bahamas! You will do great, and look gorgeous as always. These are memories for a lifetime, enjoy every moment.
Ill be thinking about you!
Brittany Brannon
p.s. Britt I can't believe you broke your foot! Hope everything gets worked out and you heal quickly!

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
Wishing you the BEST Time Ever in the Bahamas. Remember you ROCK, so keep smiling and stay calm your beauty is by far inside and outside for the world to see. Looking forward to meeting you when you get back in town.
Theresa Kyte-Miss DM Teen USA 2009

Crown Chic said...

Ashley & Kate

Good luck at Teen USA!! You are both LOVELY girls and we will be rooting for you all the way! You will both look fabulous in your BEAUTIFUL gowns!!!

Hugs
Sherri, Ashley and Lisa
Crown Chic
A. Renee Designs

Meredith said...

Ashley - you were my choice from the second you stepped into the interview room! I know you are going to do AMAZING! In fact, Jonathan Black and I have a bet going on about your final placement! Make us winners (though you are no matter what!)

Kate - at your crowning, you were an extremely cute and bubbly girl. In 9 months, you've become a glamorous and dynamic young woman. I can't see you missing the Top 15!

Britt - MUAH! Big love and hugs! Call me when you've had a chance to settle back in the states :)

Meredith said...

Ashley - you were my choice from the second you stepped into the interview room! I know you are going to do AMAZING! In fact, Jonathan Black and I have a bet going on about your final placement! Make us winners (though you are no matter what!)

Kate - at your crowning, you were an extremely cute and bubbly girl. In 9 months, you've become a glamorous and dynamic young woman. I can't see you missing the Top 15!

Britt - MUAH! Big love and hugs! Call me when you've had a chance to settle back in the states :)

Anonymous said...

I think everyone should check miss Honey Pageant. It going to be the coolest pageant of all.

www.misshoneypageant.blogspot.com
www.misshoneypageant.webs.com

thanks