Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bahamas, Man!

Traveling cross-country is hard. Traveling cross-country via a red-eye AND with a broken foot is NOT something I'd EVER recommend. But I wouldn't even think of not being here! We finally got to the Bahamas, chose the wrong line to get through Customs (EVERYONE got through before we did), got to the Atlantis only to have to wait for the room. No biggie, right? So Colin and I got some lunch, and as we were enjoying the beautiful outdoors, it started raining. Okaaay, move it inside. It started pouring! Everyone from the pools started running for cover. We finally got into our gorgeous room after only a little drama and now Colin's taking a quick nap before we meet up with the girls at the Welcome Reception.

Photos? Don't have them yet! I will tonight!

The Atlantis is a beautiful (and HUGE) resort. If you have kids, you'll love it. If you're like me and want a paradise vacation to be sans little ones in floatie wings, choose another location. Thankfully I have yet to see any dude in a Speedo. We're here until Monday, though, so I'm sure that will change! Thanks for all the well-wishes regarding my foot. I've done a ton of walking today, and it's fairly swollen. The creepiest part is the color, er, colors, really--it really looks like some prop you'd see on CSI. Icky. I'm still swimming with the dolphins tomorrow. :)

I can't get the email on my iPhone to work here. Any of you techies out there, please help me out!

Love to everyone, and PHOTOS TONIGHT!!!!!

b

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate, i just wanted to tell you good luck! i know you'll place really well you are absolutley beatuiful!!! so have fun and good luck =]
from:Kaysea Johnson

Anonymous said...

Britt - You're killing me! Get some of those pictures up! Don't tell Kate that I'm coming! We want it to be a surprise!!
--Jessica

Miss Lord of the Pageant said...

If the hotel has a secure wireless connection (i.e. you are required to have a password or hit a button to accept terms and conditions) I find that iPhones don't do as well. We had a gentleman at my hotel a couple of weeks ago whose iPhone couldn't pick up the network. That's probably something you'll want to look into at the front desk. They should (key word here is SHOULD) know the schematics of their wireless enough to let you know what kind of connection you are facing.